My name is Jack Walsh, and I am asking you for your support on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 in the upcoming Democratic Primary for 9th District Senatorial seat.
Understanding the Needs of the 9th District
Now, more than ever, it is critical that democrats unify to support the candidate that will be most successful in November’s general election. I know this district and its citizens well. I understand the needs of working families.
Over the past several weeks, I have reached out to neighbors and friends who reside within this district to gain support and more importantly, to better understand the needs and concerns of every constituent within the district. I have selected a great team that is working to raise the necessary funds to run a successful campaign. I am currently walking countless neighborhoods discussing issues and connecting with our community.
Truly a “Homegrown” Candidate
I am a lifelong Delawarean who has long been committed to this district for over 50 years. My wife and I have raised our three children within this district, and we are long time parishioners of St. John the Beloved Church. I have been active in the Montclare Civic Association for 20 years serving as its current president, and I am a supporter of our public schools and the role they play in our children’s lives. I have coached baseball at both Midway Little League and St. John the Beloved. I am an electrician by trade and have been a member of the IBEW Local 313 for over 31 years, where I have held various leadership roles. I currently work as a project manager for a local electrical contractor.
The Best Candidate for the 9th District
As your Delaware State Senator, I will:
- Support legislation that will require public entities to disclose to the public how they are spending our hard-earned tax dollars, which includes colleges and universities.
- Support and sponsor those policies and pieces of legislation that will properly fund our schools and the programs that are desperately needed, including mental health experts in the schools, pre-k education programs, and providing our teachers with the tools and equipment they need to be successful in the classroom.
- Promote legislation that supports the arts in order to enable creative minds to flourish.
- Support those policies that promote economic development and job creation.
- Find ways to best spend our tax dollars and minimize duplication of spending.
Furthermore, 9th district residents must have insight and feedback into land use issues and growth that affect our community. I will work to ensure that state policies are compliant and that local residents are included during early land use planning stages.
Additionally, substance abuse and addiction is an epidemic that is destroying our society. I will support substance addiction programs that assist our troubled neighbors and families.
Counting on your Support on Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Rest assured I will work very hard for the citizens of this district and for all New Castle County residents to enhance their quality of life.
Endorsed by Delaware Leaders
Jack Walsh is endorsed by many Delaware leaders, including:
- State Senator Nicole Poore
- State Representative Valerie Longhurst
- State Representative Kim Williams
- State Representative Mike Mulrooney
- State Representative Ed Osienski
- Mayor of Newport Mike Spencer
- County Councilman Ken Woods
Endorsed by Delaware Labor Organizations
Jack Walsh is endorsed by Delaware labor organizations, including:
- Delaware Building Trades Council
- Delaware AFL-CIO
- IBEW Local 313